DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   General DIY Discussions (
-   -   can't remember name of insulation. (

jimrr 11-14-2011 07:52 PM

can't remember name of insulation.
I read of some fibre glass roll out insullation (batting) where the fibre glass fibres are sealed and won't fall off on your skin and clothes. It seems the best way to add insullation to my 30 50' attic? I don't want the foam or blow in stuff, what's left of it is still up there. Does anyone here know the name of what I am describing?
Thanks, Jim.

Just Bill 11-15-2011 06:20 AM

I have never used it, but remember seeing it years ago, have not seen it recently. Seem to recall it was Mansville or one of the big guys.

rossfingal 11-15-2011 07:04 AM

Yeah, "Johns Mansville" -
we've used it.
More "fun" than the other stuff! :)


Michael Thomas 11-15-2011 07:27 AM

Johns Manville Poly-Encapsulated Building Insulation

More generally, GOOGLE "encapsulated fiberglass insulation"

jimrr 11-15-2011 08:35 AM

Thanks guys, you've been a big help ......... And i'm sold on this forum.

jklingel 11-16-2011 12:10 PM

More importantly than finding it, IMO, is to ask why you want it. There are better insulation materials available, like mineral wool, cellulose, wool, etc. FG is OK, but not the best stuff around.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.