Building Garage Shelves - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-16-2010, 09:40 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

building garage shelves

hey im a nube trying to build storage shelves in my garage..the garage has concrete walls and i'm unsure about mounting anything to the walls so i was skepticle about a stand alone shelf with maybe 2 4x4's at every 6ft and some "dek-blocks" to support them http://www.cci-industries.com/images.../dek_block.png and i guess go on from there.. does this sound too far-fetched ? thanks

Advertisement

nycjas26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 07:14 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

building garage shelves

Are the walls concrete or cement block?? Either way, tapcon screws work in both, and when correctly installed with the proper drill size can hold quite a bit of weight.

I don't quite understand your idea of use precast post bases for support.

Advertisement

Just Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:53 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 75

building garage shelves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
Are the walls concrete or cement block?? Either way, tapcon screws work in both, and when correctly installed with the proper drill size can hold quite a bit of weight.

I don't quite understand your idea of use precast post bases for support.
Bill has a great idea IMO! I was thinking concrete anchors,pre drill set the anchors and bolt shelving to wall.If your thinking precast concrete pier type supports I would be worried about the shelving toppling over.
scarrylarry
scarrylarry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
build , garage , organize , shelves , shelving