DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   General DIY Discussions (
-   -   Build A Frame with Rigid Conduit (

ddaulton 02-17-2012 06:15 PM

Build A Frame with Rigid Conduit
I want to build a frame of rigid conduit and attach it to a desk or table. This frame will be used to mount cameras, lights & microphones so I can record myself doing product demonstrations.

I have everything figured out except how to mount the bottom of the conduit to the desk. I thought I'd seen a fixture that the conduit slipped into like a coupler, but instead of coupling it to another piece of conduit, the the piece had a wide flange with three holes in it to allow it to be screwed to a flat surface.

I've been to Home Depot and Lowes and cannot find it. Google searches bring up nothing as well.

Does this exist? If so, what is called?



joecaption 02-17-2012 06:20 PM

It's called a pipe flange.
I've seen them for threaded steel pipe but not for EMT.

Jackofall1 02-17-2012 06:36 PM

Its actually called a "Flange Plate"

See attached

ddaulton 02-18-2012 12:04 AM

That is what I was looking for. Thanks!

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:54 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1