Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-05-2008, 07:29 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Question

Bonneville Windows - Anyone use them?

Dear All,
we are planning a home addition and are considering purchasing Bonneville windows. They are rated high in terms of their efficiency. But we don't know how they rate in terms of customer and installer's satisfaction.
Anyone have experience with them - good or bad?
Thanks
Mike

Mike55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:15 PM   #2
ICF Construction

Rewards Points: 250

WOW, I haven't seen that name in a dozen years

Yes, I used them, they were wood windows with aluminum clad. No issues other then them messing up the grids (wood snap in) took about 6 weeks, they came thru, even showed up to the customers home and installed them for me.

I remember the price wasn't bad, then the lumber yard I was buying from dropped them for some other line by the time I started another house

Old 03-05-2008, 02:00 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

[quote=Chris Johnson;95322]WOW, I haven't seen that name in a dozen years

Yes, I used them, they were wood windows with aluminum clad. No issues other then them messing up the grids (wood snap in) took about 6 weeks, they came thru, even showed up to the customers home and installed them for me.

I remember the price wasn't bad, then the lumber yard I was buying from dropped them for some other line by the time I started another house[/quo

I live in Newtown Connecticut, USA. I just heard of Bonneville from a local supply yard. I am planning on building our hom every soon and interested myself. The supply yard is recomending Bonneville. I've heard of Marvin and they told me that Boneville is canada's marvin product. Evidentally in Canada Bonneville is considered a good quality such as a Marvin window here in the USA. This is all based upon what a very nice salesman told me today. They, the supply yard, seemed to be very honest and have a good reputation to uphold. I still need more information like you.
waddessi is offline   Reply With Quote