DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   General DIY Discussions (
-   -   Best Option for a Kitchen Sink Vent (

psubaron 07-26-2011 11:05 AM

Best Option for a Kitchen Sink Vent

I am completely renovated my kitchen and need to decide whether to reroute a new PVC vent line to the roof or to use a studies or boga (spelling?) Valve under the sink. I am installing a garbage disposal.

Which is better? Is the studor or boga valve sufficient to vent the line so it flows well? Installing it would be much easier than running new PVC along a very small exterior wall.

Also what is the best brand/type of valve to install?


DangerMouse 07-26-2011 11:09 AM

An AAV (air admittance valve) should suffice for your purpose and save you time and cost as well.


gregzoll 07-26-2011 11:09 AM

What does your local state as a proper plumbing vent. Also, did you secure a permit for all work needed (gut & finish, plumbing, electrical).

psubaron 07-26-2011 11:43 AM

Thanks. Any air admittance valve brand suggestions?

md2lgyk 07-26-2011 01:20 PM

Studor used to be the only brand. There are others, like Oatey. Most big box stores carry them.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:51 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1