Beeping Alarm System - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Forum > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By clarenceboddick

Old 02-14-2017, 12:49 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 137

Beeping alarm system

My wife and her sister are cleaning out their mother's house after she passed away. She had an alarm system that has been discontinued for several months now. Even though the service has been discontinued it starts beeping every 24 hours until you hit a button. My sister-in-law decided to climb up on a ladder, open the cover on one of the motion detectors, and started cutting wires. Didn't help matters.
I'm looking for suggestions on how to make this thing stop beeping. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Beeping alarm system-motion-detector.jpg   Beeping alarm system-alarm-panel.jpg  

Advertisement

bucksone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 01:02 PM   #2
Usually Confused

Rewards Points: 1,998

Re: Beeping alarm system

I don't know that make or model, but we have a house with an out-of-service alarm system that started beeping. It turns out the back-up battery was pooched. See if you can figure out how to call up a diagnostic or fault code (check the manual - if there is one - the distributor/responder service or Internet). We also get the odd beep with an code that the phone line connection has dropped. It's short-lived and I assume a disturbance in the bell line.

You should reconnect the snipped sensor wires. An intact alarm system can be a selling point.

Advertisement

lenaitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 01:07 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 892

Find the master control box. Remove the power to it, which is often plugged into an outlet. Then remove the battery from the control box. Unless it's the latest unit made, it's probably a worthless eyesore. I work for a flipper company and they always remove the alarm units.
joed and Windows on Wash like this.
clarenceboddick is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2017, 02:08 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 137

I unplugged the power cord from the master control box and removed the battery. Solved the problem.
Thanks.
bucksone is offline   Reply With Quote