Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-13-2013, 10:36 AM   #1

Share |

BBQ Grill Platform Idea Help

Hey All,

I've got a screened in porch on the back of my house that's about 2' off the ground. To the right of the porch, I've got a patio that is ground level. I was thinking it may be kind of neat to have a sliding screen door on the right of the porch, and have a platform outside the opening that will raise and lower a gas grill from the patio to the porch, and swivel around so we can use it if we're entertaining on the patio, or use it and stay dry if we want to BBQ under the porch. Any suggestions on how to make this? What would I use for the lift? Any kits or anything that could be easily altered/converted for this kind of purpose? Any suggestions or creative ideas would be awesome. Thanks!
Mabrins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:50 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabrins View Post
Hey All,

I've got a screened in porch on the back of my house that's about 2' off the ground. To the right of the porch, I've got a patio that is ground level. I was thinking it may be kind of neat to have a sliding screen door on the right of the porch, and have a platform outside the opening that will raise and lower a gas grill from the patio to the porch, and swivel around so we can use it if we're entertaining on the patio, or use it and stay dry if we want to BBQ under the porch. Any suggestions on how to make this? What would I use for the lift? Any kits or anything that could be easily altered/converted for this kind of purpose? Any suggestions or creative ideas would be awesome. Thanks!
Cheaper to buy a second BBQ.
64pvolvo1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:01 AM   #3
Special User

Need some DOM steel tubing for the vertical shaft, with a flange welded on at the bottom that can be bolted to the concrete patio. Then use the table and clamp mechanism from a drill press to hold the grill on the tubing.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:27 PM   #4

Awesome! So how will the grill raise and lower?
Old 03-13-2013, 12:30 PM   #5
Special User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabrins View Post
Awesome! So how will the grill raise and lower?
If you use the clamp and table from a floor standing drill press, there should be a toothed rack so you can crank it up and down.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:46 PM   #6

Thanks for the idea! That could work. Any other suggestions?