Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-09-2010, 10:08 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

bathtub deck front

Suggestions needed please....we are in the process of remodeling our master bathroom and have a drop in jetted tub and am trying to decide what to use for the front of the tub deck. I will be using granet or cultured marble on the deck top around the tub and on the wall (4") as a surround and painted sheet rock for the rest. What ever I use I will also need to use on a step up to the tub. I am hoping to find somthing unique to use. This will have a removable panel incorporated into it for access to plumbing. I was thinking about using the smooth side of cedar for a rustic look but am hoping to find suggestions of other materials to use before making a final decision. I am not afraid to use wood and would seal it before using. Also thought about redwood, bamboo, beadboard ????
The look I am hoping for is "wow, that deck front and step is beautiful"
Tile is not a option, have tile now and hate it and the grout too.
Thank you for any suggestions.

1403young is offline   Reply With Quote