Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-24-2010, 07:58 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 25
Question

Bathroom Lighting

Okay, so, I have 3 different lights in my bathroom right now. The ceiling light and fan, the smaller medicine cabinet with the light bars on the side and the large medicine cabinet with the light bars on the side. Personally, I think we can live with just two out of the 3 but my husband thinks differently.

My question is.....

I'd like to purchase vanity lights for over the two new medicine cabinets we'll be installing but I would like for them to work as they do now...each with their own switch. When I view the vanity lights on line they just advise whether they are plug in or hardwired. Obviously I am looking at the hardwired ones BUT, how do I know they can be switched on and off separately with a switch on the light...not the wall.

We're not looking to install 2 more wall switches to rectify the issue. Just a simple on off switch directly on the fixture itself.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Bathroom Lighting-medicine-cabinet-1.jpg   Bathroom Lighting-medicine-cabinet.jpg  

Last edited by theselenaverse; 08-24-2010 at 09:32 AM. Reason: forgot to add that we are installing new medicine cabinets
theselenaverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:57 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 25

Bathroom Lighting

Ackkkk, no answers?! Dang, ok, I'll just have to wing this one on my own I guess. *Sigh*

theselenaverse is offline   Reply With Quote