Any ideas on how to remove mold from a basement? We inherited our house and have a problem whenever it rains. Water collects in the basement (which is really more of a cellar), and we run the sump pump. However, I don't think this was always done in the past. When it gets wet outside now, the basement smells horrible, like mold and mildew.
Beyond hiring someone else to do it, does anyone have suggestions as to how to remove mold in a case like that? Any help is appreciated!
Washing with Zinsser's Wash (or other commercial fungicide) will clean and clear the basement of mold/mildew
But you need to rectify the problem, not just the results of the problem
Usually it's a "grading" (landscape) problem that leads to these issues