Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-27-2008, 03:38 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 25
Question

Aurora wood stove info needed.

I just got this Aurora wood stove and no model number has been found. But there is a total lack of any Aurora infromation on the internet. It can't be that old and it is well constructed.
It has a bottom and back side air flow shield chamber and should require less clearances to the back wall. I have to build a Duroc wall shield and hearth.
Finding the spec for this stove may save me having to space it out further as if it's an unknown type stove. HELP!

My pix didn't load. i gotta learn about doing that correctly

Last edited by jehiatt; 11-27-2008 at 03:45 PM. Reason: typos
jehiatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:12 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 10

I have an aurora insert also. I would like some info on it.
Who manufactured them and if any parts are available. I am looking for a door with glass in it.
I have posted a pic in my photos.

Last edited by jp55210; 01-11-2009 at 02:24 PM.
jp55210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:49 PM   #3

My stove is freestanding - not an insert. I never did get any info. I did a few improvements to the stove interior and installed it real close to fire code. It burns super good and sometime difficult to cut the heat down
Attached Thumbnails
Aurora wood stove info needed.-stove-work-1-.jpg   Aurora wood stove info needed.-stove-work.jpg   Aurora wood stove info needed.-stove-work-2-.jpg   Aurora wood stove info needed.-stove-work-3-.jpg   Aurora wood stove info needed.-stove-work-4-.jpg  

Old 06-29-2009, 11:00 AM   #4

Have you received any information on this wood stove? I have the identical stove, the mfg tag is gone and I cannot get install info either. What is the model number on yours? Thanks
howie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 02:57 PM   #5

Wink

Sorry Howie for delay. I never got notified of your response so I'll look at my settings for that.
There is no model number that I can locate. What you see is what I have!
The metal plate and copper tubing in my picture is what I installed in Jan as a baffle and air supply right below the upper air vent circulation tubes. It worked very well and the baffle survived much better than the copper tubing that was fed by a close contact input from the right lower air supply adjustor vent.

I have now a discarded double stainless steel sink from which I intend to cut and construct a new and better baffle. I also found some 3/4 stainless steel pipe and valves on ebay that with a few more feet can make a decent upper secondary air flow. I got some half size firebrick from Ace Hardware to use where it may increase the internal temperatures. I am going to have some heat and help it make it more EPA qualified. I may have a freaking kiln also.

The rear wall heat shield or bottom Durock floor never got to 100 degrees.
(using Infrared temperature sensor)
The eight inch blocks support floor appears to be overkill but it it is very usefull to sit on and load or clean out the stove. Also useful for sitting there to warm my backside. I may make it all pretty looking after I get all the firebox modifications installed. What say you?

Last edited by jehiatt; 07-26-2009 at 03:06 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:57 PM   #6

I think I can lead you to a dead end on the Aurora stoves. My cousin used to sell them. They were manufactured some years ago in Lexington, KY ( if I have the facts right). I went to the store to purchase one, and the owners said they had quit manufacturing them. They were selling other brands. I asked why they quit making such a fine stove. They said getting them EPA tested was too expensive and time consuming. It was easier just to quit and sell other brands. How sad....
I doubt if they have any parts but you might try them at:
Aurora Pools and Spas
1512 Colesbury Circle
Lexington, KY (zip???)

1-859-299-2932
Hope this helps. My mom has one she wants to sell. Dad passed away and she is going to natural gas. I believe it has the glass door. It's well used, but in goood condition.
Johnny Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:39 AM   #7

Try over at hearth.com
OffRoadAudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:59 AM   #8

I purchased this same stove in 1987 (still in great shape). The stove was manufactured by Aurora Wood Stoves division of Diversified Products Inc. 11300 Jefferson Avenue Cincinnati OH 45241.

The part number for this free standing stove was 201. I have specification that I can email as PDF file.
reddug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:51 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddug View Post
I purchased this same stove in 1987 (still in great shape). The stove was manufactured by Aurora Wood Stoves division of Diversified Products Inc. 11300 Jefferson Avenue Cincinnati OH 45241.

The part number for this free standing stove was 201. I have specification that I can email as PDF file.

COUNTY INSPECTOR NEEDS THE SPECS- CAN YOU HELP?
kevinjburnell@yahoo.com
kburnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 04:51 AM   #10

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddug View Post

And for the guy wanting a glass door try this site.
http://www.servicesales.com/stove_pa...ora_parts.html
Old 11-24-2009, 07:45 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kburnell View Post
COUNTY INSPECTOR NEEDS THE SPECS- CAN YOU HELP?
kevinjburnell@yahoo.com
Could you e-mail me the specs

kevinjburnell@yahoo.com
Thanks,
Kevin
kburnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:35 AM   #12

I have a similiar stove, with a different door (mine is open glass door without slats) The installation and operation manual that I have is for Model 60 which is 25 1/2" high, or the Model 72 which is 32" high.

rickni is offline   Reply With Quote