Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-01-2010, 07:52 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Aquatec Permeate Pump Noise, Reverse Osmosis

Hello, first timers here!

I've scoured the internet for someone with a similar problem...but I've found nothing....So I'm hoping that maybe someone here has heard of this:

I have an Aquatec permeate pump connected to my reverse osmosis system.
The dealers sell this as a "booster" pump for households with well systems...or at least that's how it was sold to me...

I'm on my 2nd pump now....

After some time the pump starts to rattle and shake, and make a loud noise that I can only describe as a machine gun sound.

I am on a well system, with a pump and a pressure bladder system, along with a softener....

Any ideas??

nissmo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:19 PM   #2

I experienced a similar problem with my Aquatec permeate pump. I contacted Aquatec and spoke with a tech. Assuming everything is properly hooked up and the restriction valve is in fact ahead of the pump input, then the culprit is probably a broken spring inside the pump unit. Based on where in the country reports of the problem come from, it appears to be associated with high iron content in the water supply. Aquatec will replace the pump in accordance with its 2 year warranty.

Greg73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:20 PM   #3

I experienced a similar problem with my Aquatec permeate pump. I contacted Aquatec and spoke with a tech. Assuming everything is properly hooked up and the restriction valve is in fact ahead of the pump input, then the culprit is probably a broken spring inside the pump unit. Based on where in the country reports of the problem come from, it appears to be associated with high iron content in the water supply. Aquatec will replace the pump in accordance with its 2 year warranty.[/QUOTE]
Greg73 is offline   Reply With Quote