Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-17-2013, 12:07 PM   #1

Share |

Applying Strapping to Concrete

I am in process of renovating my basement, my house is new < 12 months old.

I am trying to determine the best way to attach drywall to a concrete wall. I have the concrete wall lined with the Formular pink polystyrene foam board. My plan is to attach 1x3 strapping to the concrete wall and foam board and then screw the drywall directly to the strapping. My house is fully insulated already and these are only inside concrete walls. The outside concrete walls I built a wall, insulated and all that good stuff.

So what is the best and easiest way to attach the 1x3 strapping to the concrete wall? I know the hammer drill will work but that's hard work. Is there an easier way like a ramshot or hilti gun? Will that work with 1x3 strapping. I was thinking that one of these guns might go right through the strapping.

Any useful tips?

dblandfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:32 AM   #2
Cruising into the sunset

If you're still with us...

I used a Hilti when installing 2x2 furring to my concrete foundation wall. I'm pretty sure I used yellow shots. I've shot 1x lumber but if you don't pre-drill it, it could easily blow through.

JulieMor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:54 PM   #3

I think hilti gun is suitable.
alexjoe is offline   Reply With Quote