DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   General DIY Discussions (
-   -   Antique Stanley part/tool identification (

FatherConfusion 03-17-2013 05:51 PM

Antique Stanley part/tool identification
My father tasked me with identifying a part he acquired. I tried searching what it is, but found no answers. All it says is STANLEY Made in USA. That's it.https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...80030706_n.jpg https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...79216629_n.jpghttps://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...23985996_n.jpg

yuri 03-17-2013 06:08 PM

Thats for when beer came in 3 different sized bottles, small, medium and large.:drink::yes:

FatherConfusion 03-17-2013 06:12 PM


Originally Posted by yuri (Post 1139610)
Thats for when beer came in 3 different sized bottles, small, medium and large.:drink::yes:

Haha, very funny. I'm being serious. It's bugging me. I would really like to know what it is.

beenthere 03-17-2013 06:56 PM

Moved to General forum.

Fix'n it 03-17-2013 07:07 PM

that looks like some kind of crimping tool.

gregzoll 03-17-2013 08:23 PM

You can ask here You could probably also send a email to Stanley tools with the picture and any Serial or model # info available on the tool. You can also send info to which they may be quicker to get back to you on it.

DannyT 03-17-2013 09:39 PM

in the small picture showing the side what are the letters or numbers on the side of it?? or does that say stanley made in usa also like on the movable jaw?

gregzoll 03-17-2013 09:50 PM

Just did another web search, try contacting the guy that wrote the Stanley Tools book

Windows on Wash 03-18-2013 07:15 AM

Definitely some sort of crimping tool.

Maybe chain?

joecaption 03-18-2013 09:30 AM

Looks like it would close up small hog rings.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.