Andersen Screen Repair - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-08-2006, 11:28 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Andersen Screen Repair

I am tring to re-screen an Andersen screen, and can't find a spline that will work. The metal pieces Andersen uses are unuseable and must be replaced. Does anyone know how to get these parts, because Andersen says you have to buy an entire new screen. I tried a .190 thick spline, which was the thickest at my local store, and it does not stay in the channel.

Advertisement

tennisnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 06:10 PM   #2
World famous jerk.

Rewards Points: 250

Andersen Screen Repair

I have had good luck reusing the aluminium spline. It will curve quite a bit when you take it out, but it wil lay flat again when you pound it back into the spline channel. I have also bought some really fat rubber spline at a glass shop that worked great. It was black in color, as opposed to the typical grey spline. Just some thoughts for you....

Advertisement

mdshunk is offline   Reply With Quote