DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Andersen Door Hook Latch Problem

5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Just Bill 
#1 ·
I have an Andersen outswing patio door that has been giving me a lot of grief. First of all, the outside door handle use to keep popping off, and instead of tightening the set screw on the bottom, my genius roommate superglued it on there. Then recently, I noticed water leaking in from the top of the door whenever it would rain. Looking closer at the door, I noticed that the top hook wasn't coming down and engaging with the door frame. I fiddled around with it, thought I fixed it, but when I went to lock the door, now the hook won't come up. So now I have a door permanently locked and I can't take the handle assembly off because it's superglued. Any ideas?

#2 ·
I know this is a DIY website, but i would suggest you get someone in that understand Andersen products, to make some door and latch adjustments. Or check Andersens website for instructions on how to adjust the hinges and latch. And keep room mate away from the door.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.