15' X 25' Basement, Looking For Ideas??? - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-13-2007, 08:45 PM   #1
zel

Rewards Points: 150
Send a message via AIM to zel

15' x 25' basement, looking for ideas???

Now that the major work is done on the master bath/bedroom, I can take some time and plan out the work for the basement. I pretty much have creative control over this room, so no need to check with the wife!
That is, assuming there are no "stripper poles" or anything along those lines!

As of now, it is drywalled and painted. Theres crappy carpet that I'm planning to replace with that Trafficmaster Allure or possibly some click together black and white tiles.

I have a few minor obstacles, a support pole roughly 6' off a long wall and 12' from a short wall. Kinda near the center of the room. The ceiling has 3 different heights, one end its about 8', theres an area near the support beam that it comes down to about 6' 9", then it goes to 7' again. There is plenty of lighting, but I will probably be changing most of it. Theres one very small 1' x 2' window.

I'v considered a small pool table down one end, but I'm not convinced that theres enough room to place it "across" the room, rather then lengthwise. Going by this link: http://www.easypooltutor.com/article180.html

The smallest table with the smallest cues will work, but I'd kinda like to play on that setup first.

I've considered building a bar. Adding plumbing to this room will be all but impossible, the plumbing in on the other side of the house and at a height that would require everything to be pumped up and out, so the bar will be "dry" for the most part.

If anyone has any other suggestions for a room this size, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Advertisement

zel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 06:00 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 150

15' x 25' basement, looking for ideas???

Quote:
Originally Posted by zel View Post
Now that the major work is done on the master bath/bedroom, I can take some time and plan out the work for the basement. I pretty much have creative control over this room, so no need to check with the wife!
That is, assuming there are no "stripper poles" or anything along those lines!

As of now, it is drywalled and painted. Theres crappy carpet that I'm planning to replace with that Trafficmaster Allure or possibly some click together black and white tiles.

I have a few minor obstacles, a support pole roughly 6' off a long wall and 12' from a short wall. Kinda near the center of the room. The ceiling has 3 different heights, one end its about 8', theres an area near the support beam that it comes down to about 6' 9", then it goes to 7' again. There is plenty of lighting, but I will probably be changing most of it. Theres one very small 1' x 2' window.

I'v considered a small pool table down one end, but I'm not convinced that theres enough room to place it "across" the room, rather then lengthwise. Going by this link: http://www.easypooltutor.com/article180.html

The smallest table with the smallest cues will work, but I'd kinda like to play on that setup first.

I've considered building a bar. Adding plumbing to this room will be all but impossible, the plumbing in on the other side of the house and at a height that would require everything to be pumped up and out, so the bar will be "dry" for the most part.

If anyone has any other suggestions for a room this size, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Build a wine cellar then start making your own wine?

deck hand

Advertisement

deck hand is offline   Reply With Quote