DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Zipline platform

6K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  woodchopper65 
#1 ·
Considering building a zipline platform for a treehouse. Has anyone ever seen or done a platform supported by a single post, like a 6x6? The platform would be small in size, maybe just 3x3 or 4x4 at the largest. It would be elevated 12-16'. I've seen it done on utility poles so maybe a 6x6 is too small when only using one. Just curious I guess.

#4 ·
It's just for our own use. We are in a very open area (rural). It's pretty windy. I'd automatically go with a utility pole if they were easier to find. I can certainly build something with more posts as I imagine quite a bit of movement for a 6x6,but liked the idea of not having multiple structures in our backyard for aesthetics. In terms of height, we are very flat so I needed something higher to make the zipline worth it. I think most recommend a 6-8' drop over 100 ft. I figure at 12-16' I could make the ride a bit more enjoyable. This will be used primarily for our kids, not necessarily adults.

#6 ·
We can, and that's probably what I need to do. We are actually building a treehouse so I can always make the launch point off the deck of the treehouse. I think I was letting my creativity get the best of me. Trying to think of a way I could create a bridge to a zipline platform and have a gate that I could lock so it could only be used when an adult could supervise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.