Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-17-2013, 03:22 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

wood deform - does paint help or not?

On the ranch I would always paint wood for concrete forms with white maintenance paint. I figured it was to protect the wood from bending out of shape in the hot sun. Last time I did this I noticed that perfectly straight boards would bend out of shape an hour or two after painting. I am wondering if I am doing the right thing by painting? I work on the ranch only on weekends so between when I prepare the concrete forms and the pour a few weeks might pass. If I don't paint the wood it will bake and dry out in the hot sun. If I do paint the water in the paint and the drying process seems to do more harm than good. To paint or not to paint: that is the question!

jackwashere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:51 PM   #2
Roofmaster

Rewards Points: 22

wood deform - does paint help or not?

How about just using form oil? Thats what its made for Jack. We used it all the time on plywood forms. You just spray it on with a Hudson sprayer.

jagans is offline   Reply With Quote