Winterize Built On Porch - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-29-2012, 10:50 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Winterize built on porch

Morning all!

I live in an older house, built probably early 1920's in Illinois. The built on back porch has 4 sliding windows (drafty), a bare cement floor (painted green by the landlords), and the back door that leads to the back yard. This summer I moved all my work out equipment to the porch because the basement was way too dusty and gross to work out in lol. Any tips on how I can seal up these windows for just the winter and cut down the temp in the room? I tried those plastic sheets with the hair dryer last winter and honestly did not do much. Any input would be great thank you!

Advertisement

BossSampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:22 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,030

Winterize built on porch

Plastic the outside as well as the inside.
The walls probably have little or no insulation and the concrete floor is probably cold.

Your renting right?

Advertisement

mae-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:36 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,032

Winterize built on porch

if you're a renter what mae-ling said is about all you can do. You are not allowed to open the structure or make changes on your own.

photos are always welcomed so that we can see what you see .... maybe able to make some non-invasive suggestions after seeing what we have to work with

"You get what you pay for, and sometimes free costs more!"
GBrackins is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GBrackins For This Useful Post:
mae-ling (05-30-2012)