Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-17-2011, 09:53 PM   #1

Share |

Window sill recess 4 a brick wall

Hi,

I am about to frame and tile the interior window sill and recess. I just wanted to check to see if anyone had any tips, witticisms, or constructive criticisms.

My plan: As you can see in the pics, I have a window in a brick wall with a metal-framed interior wall. After foam insulation, I was gonna put 1/4 inch wood around the window to connect the brick and the metal framing. Slope the bottom piece so that water doesn't go towards the window. I want tile all around the recess and to border the window. So, on the wood, I would put 1/4 inch hardibacker, tape and mortar the seams, then Redguard on top.

Note that half of the window (and wall) will be tiled for my shower/tub and the other half will be painted . Don't worry. The shower stream will be in the center of the tub inside of a cylindrical shower curtain NOT streaming towards the wall with the window.

Peace,

Red
Attached Thumbnails
Window sill recess 4 a brick wall-003.jpg   Window sill recess 4 a brick wall-034.jpg   Window sill recess 4 a brick wall-035.jpg   Window sill recess 4 a brick wall-036.jpg  

RedBear is offline   Reply With Quote