DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Building & Construction (
-   -   Window replacement / Stucco or Drivit (

buckwillis 01-17-2008 06:46 PM

Window replacement / Stucco or Drivit
The window I'm replacing has a putty or caulk substance on the exterior. It is a rubbery like bead, almost like glazing, sealing the brick mold to the stucco. The brick mold sticks out futher than the stucco. Unlike brick, where the brick mold is inset. Does any one know what this product is and any hints on it's application. I don't think it is silicone. Help !!!

ez-e 01-18-2008 09:49 AM

Without seeing it tought to say. If its kind of a softer surface on the cured sealant, I would have to guess Vulkem. Its availible at HD. When applying it make sure both surfaces are completely dry or the sealant will fall right off. And don't get it on your clothes cuz it's there forever! Brand new black carrhart jacket smeared with tan vulkem looks awesome! Their color names are kinda goofy so buy a couple that you think are close. Good luck!

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:19 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.