Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-28-2007, 12:49 PM   #1

Share |

Window Casing around Vinyl Windows

I'm new to this forum, but after reading some of the information on this board I think I may be in the right place.

I currently have a new home under construction. The house is a combination of vinyl siding and stone veneer, and it has vinyl windows with an integral J-channel. All of which are currently installed. My question is, is there any way to make the casing around the windows appear larger (i.e. - picture frame window)? Our plans show this, but I believe that our contractor missed the boat and ordered the wrong windows to start with.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

tcoshea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 12:53 PM   #2

Here are some photos....
Attached Thumbnails
Window Casing around Vinyl Windows-camden-lake_1.jpg   Window Casing around Vinyl Windows-camden-lake_2.jpg  

Old 11-28-2007, 06:29 PM   #3

I think they look great. But if you want more attention drawn to them, you could put up some stylish mock shutters on the 1st floor windows. There's obviously no room for them on some of the windows that are upstairs. If you are getting any columns on the front porch (around the door) shutters on the porch windows would make it look congested, IMO.

Last edited by XSleeper; 11-28-2007 at 06:32 PM.
XSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 09:52 PM   #4

XSleeper,

Thanks... I guess I had a vision in my head and it's just a little different than I thought. We actually are putting mock wood shutters on the two windows to left of the picture. There are no shutters on the windows on the porch, because we are getting columns installed, and I agree that it definitely would look too busy.