DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Building & Construction (
-   -   Where do you buy welded steel grating? (

tibberous 02-01-2013 02:34 PM

Where do you buy welded steel grating?
Like they use for drain covers? I don't want to pay to have it shipped.

grizzzlle 02-01-2013 02:42 PM

Call your local municipality they can tell you who they get their covers. Odds are their suppliers are local.

joecaption 02-01-2013 02:46 PM

That could be a dozen differant things your talking about, got a picture or web site?
If it's something like expanded metal I'd be contacting some local steel supplyers.
Should be under steel in the phone book.

gregzoll 02-01-2013 02:49 PM

Any local welding dhop can make one up, if it is a odd size, our you are wantinting to use rebar.

They would need a drawing with specific dimension.

Maintenance 6 02-01-2013 03:06 PM

If you want chase grating, you'll need a local metal supplier....... who will add shipping to his price. There are lots of different sizes, depending on what load it needs to bear. Thickness of the bar x depth x spacing

oh'mike 02-01-2013 03:31 PM

In my area a concrete supply place makes those up--they have window wells---window bucks--and grates of all sizes---and a fabricator---

See if you have an old fashioned yellow page book and look for 'building materials/concrete supplies

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.