Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-06-2010, 06:10 PM   #1

Share |

Whats best tool to cut up part of my garage floor

I need to replace part of my garge floor due to water undertunenling and the concrete that touches the driveway has cracked and caved about 2 feet into my garage.

What would be the best tool/tools to use to cut out the damaged concrete? I can rent circular saws, jack hammers and hammer drills. My concern is if there is metal rebar in the concrete and I use a diamond blade on the 14" circular saw would it ruin the blade? If there is rebar how do you remove the concrete and the rebar without damaging any tools? I think the pad is 4" thick

Thanks

creamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:01 PM   #2

Whats best tool to cut up part of my garage floor

that's how its done - gas demo saw,,, diamond blades are wear items,,, your rental yard won't have a blade built for conc w/steel - just conc,,, if you're lucky, OLD conc.

only need to saw 2" - 3" deep UNLESS the rebar's deeper,,, probably won't even run into bar but wire mesh instead IF that's even there,,, use a 12" blade & saw but more'n likely you'll only be able to rent a 14" saw,,, then break it out w/bosch brute,,, we'd be there 1hr for your size incl sawing & breaking,,, you've got 'em for 1/2 day

in the unlikely event there IS bar/mesh, saw thru before breaking & don't bother to save it this might be a good time to buy a 3' wrecking bar, too,,, after this project, you can use it to train your dog or persuade that neighbor/brother-in-law to return your borrowed tools

stadry is offline   Reply With Quote