DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

What's the best system to anchor a screen enclosure?

8K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Droid 
#1 ·
Besides the cable tie downs, what should I use to anchor the aluminum frame to the slab and house. It has old tapcon's with large heads and some sort of anchor bolt system now but they have all rusted or corroded and some even broke. Take a look at the pics. I just want something I can install that I don't have to replace 5 years from now. My neighbor suggested something called PRO-TECT but I don't know too much about it. Does anyone have any info or suggestions?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I found PRO-TECT - Anyone tried it?

I can appreciate the suggestion of using stainless but when checked out how much it would cost I started checking around. I found that I could use a regular Blue-Tap masonry anchor along with the PRO-TECT fastener protection system and eliminate the electrolysis. I showed the picture and he said that the white powder like corrosion is from that. Anyway, I'll try to remember to let you know how it goes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.