DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

What trade do I need to schedule first?

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  ToolSeeker 
#1 ·
I am finally finish with demo and have everything cleaned up, but not I am not sure what order I should schedule the trades,
the Hvac Guy, Plumber, and then the electrician
Plumber, Hvac Guy, Electrician.

Thanks in advance for any help or replies.

-POWER

#7 ·
Useally HVAC do it first then plumming then Electrician but make sure you have all three contractors on the same page what you will plan have in the house.

There are few common question they will ask you like example on HVAC side they will useally install the floor vents next to the doorway or window area plus there are few other items they need to get into.

Next is plumming they will try to group the drain pipes first that is first thing they will deal with it then water pipes will be next ( for gaz pipes either HVAC or Plumming compaine can do it depending on what it have to be done )

Then Electricians come in ( we useally come in to set up the main breaker box in first then from there we always can deal what it get in there.)

A quick tip ., Make sure you give the plans and the items you will need to do to the electrician so we can do it without get confused with anything.

Other tip I will pass when all the rooms I do any ceiling luminaires there is a good chance that you may want to install the ceiling fan(s) in future we will install the ceiling fan rated box early so you don't have to worry if the ceiling box is allready rated for fan and what not.,, and ditto with the switch I useally run XX-3 from switch to the fan box the reason why I do that because it keep the fan and light seperated in case you have not have remote controller or the remote contoller go bonkers ( have see it happened before )

so try give us much details as possible and use the floor plans and let any one of the tradesperson know if you have something special that need to be done just ask us we can work it around.

Merci,
Marc

Reactions: mae-ling
#10 ·
Same here, but submit plans to both just in case there is a problem with one getting in the way of the other. It is easier to plan than to tear out and reroute, and it cost you less that way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.