Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-26-2008, 01:12 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

what do you think load bearing interior wall

I have an A frame house i want to take out one of the load bearing walls. about 20 foot of it at least that still leaves a good 10 feet at the back of the house its one of the interior walls. My question is how much should this cost? Also i'm very handy and have a lot of time on my hands on the A frame house how could i shor it up while putting a header in. can i just shore it from the attic also how long should i make the header before putting in another support so if its 20 foot and i'm sound underneath the wall or have a concreat slap as a floor can i go 10 foot then support then ten more foot then support and forget the professionals are there any sites that may be able to help me.

josh52375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 07:58 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 25

what do you think load bearing interior wall

Josh,
I too live in an A frame house. Couple of questions:

Is this a true A frame? Roof goes all the way down on both sides?

I have a 18 ft span inside on the first floor that supports the second floor bedroom . It has a double 16" LVL for this support.
If this is an inside wall it will take a pretty heafty beam. Best to get someone to calculate for you. Lot of money and risk involved to just guess.

Got any photos?

napper is offline   Reply With Quote