What correct mix for building a stone foundation wall? & correct mix for stone fireplace.
Hello everyone I hope you can help me, I am looking to build a stone and log home in peru. I am going to be using the following,
1. volcanic, granite (river, glacial) stones
2. the stones will be various sizes 8" - 24", (largest on bottom smaller on top)
3. the wall will not be uniform that is to say Random placement of stone (none will be cut)
3.5 the walls will be above grade wall
4. the height of the wall will be about 3-5 feet, and 1.5 feet thick at the top with a 3" per 2' of angle to the top.
5. tempature variable from 0 degrees F to 80 degrees F
6 I will be placing full pine logs on this foundation wall upto 20' at the peak.
7. I will also be building a fireplace 15' wide face x 5' depth by 24' tall all out of stone.
Items that I will have readily avaiable, Portland cement, Sand, muratic acid. Burnt lime is very very hard to find here in the highlands, and almost imposible to find additives.
So my question is as follows what would be the BEST MIXTURE FOR THE MUD for the walls and the fireplace.
And yes this is will be built on stone excarpment in the mountains.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 AM.|
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.