Wet Slab/wet Supporting Beam/drywall - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-10-2011, 12:57 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

wet slab/wet supporting beam/drywall

After a bathroom remodel I noticed drywall cracks and baseboards pulling away from the wall. We cut open the drywall and see no plumbing pipes at that space. It has been an unusually wet winter here in San Diego and we have clay soil. Although the soil is now bone dry, the 1969 slab is still wet (can see this on the exterior) and I feel moisture on the slab in the space next to the supporting beam. The wood and drywall are moldy. There are drain pipes under this space from the toilet and shower that were camera scoped before construction (one year ago) and showed no cracks. My question is What do we do from here? Could the concrete still be wet from the rainy season? Do we camera the pipes again? Could a small hairline crack in the pipes cause this problem? If it is the wet concrete how to we prevent further wetness reaching the supporting beam that is sitting right on top of it?

Advertisement

mhemming is offline   Reply With Quote