Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-14-2013, 09:21 PM   #1

Share |

Wet insulation in bathroom in basement

I discovered in the bathroom of the basement : the vapor barrier is installed directly on the concrete wall (between the concrete wall and the insulation) ... then the insulation ... then the dry wall (backer-board tiles) ...

I found that the insulation is wet, when I removed some of the insulation, I found condensation on the vapor barrier.

I know that the vapor barrier should be installed between the drywall and the insulation (which is not my case).

My question is it OK to leave it like that ?
Should I replace the wall, the insulation and install the vapor barrier correctly ? if yes .. should i remove the old vapor barrier installed on the concrete wall or I can leave it ?

Thanks

goal80 is offline   Reply With Quote