Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-22-2014, 10:12 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 4
Share |

Waterproof deck construction details

All,

I am currently in the planning stages of replacing my raised deck with one that has a waterproof surface (the roll on urethane-based type) so that the patio underneath is usable year-round.

There are a few details I would like to nail down. The existing deck structure consists of an original deck plus an extension that was built some years after the original. Due to this the deck posts (of which there are five) are all irregularly spaced, so I would like to shift them all slightly, plus add an extra post so I can use smaller lumber for the beam. This means that I will need to install new anchor bolts which isn't a problem, but how easy is it to remove the existing ones? A job for the pros?

Secondly, I want to get seamless guttering installed around the deck perimeter. The drip edge detail I had in mind is shown in the picture. Can guttering be retro-fit under the drip edge, and if so how much of a gap do I need to leave between the drip edge and the fascia?

Thanks
Chris
Attached Thumbnails
Waterproof deck construction details-drip-edge-detail.jpg  

spiragui is offline   Reply With Quote