Water In Crawl Space Need Advice - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-08-2010, 10:59 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

water in crawl space need advice

Ok heres my issue...MY family and I are looking at a house to buy. It is 1800sq ft two story..beautiful home inside and out the only issue is it has water in the crawl space. They had a inspection done and mold was found in the crawl space under the laundry room. they say they had a leak a long time ago and didnt clean it up as good as they thought. They tore everything out where the mold was and had it sprayed professionally with some kind of mold preventive they have installed a sump pump but according to the email they sent me the other day its still not water proof! i called the home inspector he told me the crawl space was like a rain forrest..not vented properly and the vents that were in place were set at ground level allowing water to come in...now my concern is that there is hidden mold or damage....is this something I should walk away from or????? sorry for the long post but im freaking out dont know what to do we love this house but with two young boys dont want to take any chances

Advertisement

puma80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:03 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

Where is the house located ?
Mold can be a big problem

Advertisement

Scuba_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:07 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

southeast mo. Also they told me today they had a contractor come in and give them a bid to fix it....4 in pipe ran around the perimeter of the crawl space and a vapor barrier.
puma80 is offline   Reply With Quote