Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-05-2009, 04:49 PM   #1

Share |

wall shower rack in ceramic tile

I need to install shower caddy type rack in shower that has ceramic tile. The racks came with screws and plastic anchors that look like they are for drywall installation. I need to know if these anchors can be used? I fear they might expand too much and crack the tile.(wife not happy at all). Can i just use the screws in the tile? I need some help on this cause as all you guys know i cannot screw this on up. Thanks in advance.

ProudMarineDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 05:50 PM   #2

wall shower rack in ceramic tile

Plastic inserts are good for tile. I've used them and never had a problem. I would suggest positioning the caddy so that the anchors are not right on the edge of a tile. That could cause a problem. Also It would be good to put a dab of silicone over the anchor before you install the caddy so that it will be sealed.

Good luck

Jesse Pender

Portland Tradesmen
www.portlandtradesmen.com

Portlandtrades is offline   Reply With Quote