Vapor Barrier & Blown in Insulation
I had my house insulated last year. The contractor blew in cellulose insulation behind my horse hair plaster walls (my house is quite old). When it came to the roof, I have finished attic rooms (plastered walls & ceiling). He simply blew in insulation behind the plaster walls and ceiling (below my roof sheathing).
I have a question. In most new construction a vapor barrier is placed between the warmth of the home inside and the fiberglass batten insulation.
Because my house has no such vapor barrier am I going to experience a mold issue? No precautions were made venting any of the roof area etc. If there is going to be a problem, should I remove the attic insulation and redo it another way? Is there a retro fit that could be done to improve to situation?