Using Ys For Piping In Bathroom - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-08-2011, 07:59 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

Using Ys for piping in bathroom

On a related note to my other bathroom thread, is there any problem using Y piping in order to use one water and drain setup for two sinks?

Our current setup is one sink/vanity with one cold, one hot, and one drain. We are going to be installing a dual vanity. Although Id like to tap into the main water line to have seperate water sources and also a separate drain line for each sink, the location makes it unpractical and cost prohibitive (opening walls, floors, etc.)

So, aside from the possible low water pressure and slower drain time if we're both using the sinks at the same time, is there any problem with simply using Y piping under the sink to accomodate two sinks from one setup?

Thanks...

Advertisement

Wiscbldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:31 PM   #2
JOATMON

Rewards Points: 2,612

Using Ys for piping in bathroom

You should move this to the plumbing section

Advertisement

My 2-Story Addition Build in Progress Link ... My Garage Build Link and My Jeep Build Link
ddawg16 is offline   Reply With Quote