Under Deck Ceiling Ideas Or Thoughts? - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-02-2011, 09:10 PM   #1
TBW

Rewards Points: 10

Under Deck Ceiling ideas or thoughts?

I built my new deck last year nad want to start utilizing the space underneath it. My deck material is Geodeck composite, Geodeck told me that I can use an "underdeck" type system without voiding my warranty. Instead of paying the higher cost of the underdeck system, I was going to use steel roofing with the white side down to add some light to the area.

Here's a video of someone doing something similar to what I'm thinking except I would run the angle mounting boards for the roofing the other way.

I'd appreciate any how-to's or comments or suggestions on my idea.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

TBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:28 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 316

I guess I don't care for the look of the corrugated vinyl used in the video, especially with the exposed edge. It doesn't look finished to me. I believe the Underdeck system is integrated with a gutter. I suppose you might be able to terminate your home-made system with a piece of Azek trim, and attach a piece of gutter to the inside to achieve a similar effect.

Advertisement

benjamincall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:30 AM   #3
TBW

Rewards Points: 10

As I mentioned, my thought was to use steel roofing panels. I thought I would trim it off nice too with some sort of end cap.
TBW is offline   Reply With Quote