Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-25-2007, 02:46 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Trex Escapes - new product

I just read an article about Trex Escapes shipping next year. Anyone holding out for this? The article mentioned cellular PVC technology (I'm assuming this isn't used in their other products) and the article also says it has "enhanced stain, mold, and scratch resistance." Will this leap frog them over the competition or will they merely be catching up? Interestingly enough, I didn't see anything about the fading issue so I'm assuming this is not addressed with this new line. Any thoughts / opinions would be appreciated. I was thinking about putting in a Geodek, Weatherbest, or choicedeck by the end of the year but now I'm wondering if I should wait....?

emsteff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 11:07 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 500

They will be playing catchup.
If I were you I would look at Correct Deck CX, AZEK Deck (formerly procell) and maybe evergrain <-- less stain resistant but has a nice look, similar to the ones you have listed.

robertcdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:51 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Currently have a Trex Brasilia deck with extreme mold problems. Also have major scratch and "chunking" issues. this high dollar product has been a complete disappointment. We have been battling Trex for over a year and our battle is heating up as we move forward with legal action. If we get some sort of settlement from Trex we are looking for anyone who has installed Trex Escapes and how it is weathering and how people are liking the results. I would never do business with Trex, however, may be stuck if we get a replacement Trex product in the settlement. Trex's issues with Brasilia and mold are outrageous. I cannot believe this product is still on the market! Also, Trex's customer support has been ridiculous! I am one outraged customer! Regarding the mold issue: we hired an environmental/mold expert and our Brasilia deck is growing 6 types of mold. He said it was unsafe for us to walk on as well as our dog. He also said that the only thing that will actually kill the mold spore is an 18% solution of Hydrogen peroxide. Bleach will remove the visible appearance of mold but not kill the mold spore. This 18% solution of Hydrogen peroxide needs to be applied with full protective gear and respirator -HazMat suit! Low maintenance- I think not! We applied the trex recommended bleach containing deck cleaner and the mold grew back within 2 weeks. The Trex rep himself is the one who applied the cleaner. After it grew back in 2 weeks Trex tried to claim that it wasn't left on long enough, that they were merely trying to show me how simple it was to clean a Trex deck. Give me a break! I have researched Trex Brasilia until I am blue in the face, so if you have any questions I can probably give you an answer.
So, please give me any info on Trex Escapes. Is this any better since it has no wood in it?
thanks!
Laroo
Laroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:08 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 500

I would get trex to give the materials only for your deck and then try to sell them to some shmuck who does not know better. Spend the extra money and get a quality product. Correct Deck CX is about the best out with Azek coming in second.
robertcdf is offline   Reply With Quote