Trex Deck Vs Latitudes - Which Is Better? - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-09-2009, 08:31 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Trex Deck vs Latitudes - Which is better?

I've read mixed reviews on Trex, but can't seem to find any information on Latitudes decking materials. I'm putting in a new deck, and want to use one of these two materials. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with these brands that can give me some advice? I have two highly recommended contracters that gave me almost identical quotes - one uses trex and swears by it, and the other prefers latitudes with hidden fasteners.

Advertisement

ScottMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:47 PM   #2

If I were to put in a new deck i would choose one that is made of PVC with low wood content (under 1%). This will help reduce potential mold problems. In addition, everything weathers including painted wood or PVC. With PVC, a cleaning and the application of a product called deck max green (brings back color to weathered PVC decks) once the deck shows weathering makes PVC significantly less maintanance than having to strip and repaint a wood deck every year. Good luck. DMG can be found at www.shutterrenu.com.

Advertisement

rwdiveoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:15 PM   #3
Tool Geek

Rewards Points: 2,072

I have a nine year old Trex Deck with NO problems, but others have had a different experience.

http://www.diychatroom.com/f19/trex-...ointing-10043/

Last edited by PaliBob; 06-11-2009 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Bad Link
PaliBob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 05:06 PM   #4

Trex has replaced over 37,000 decks (Forbes article)!
http://www.askthebuilder.com/July_15...der_News.shtml
Deckmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
composite decking