Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-22-2010, 07:23 AM   #1

Share |

Top Or Bottom

My house was built in 1975. I have a subfloor with ample crawlspace. We reside in south Georgia. Currently my AC ductwork is under the house which is in desperate need of replacing. I have a vaulted ceiling in my living room which does not enable me to run duct work through the ceiling to the 2 adjoining rooms on that end of the house. With all that being said, I was wanting to know which would be more benificial? Ductwork running through the ceiling or putting it back in the floor. I am willing to put a mini split on the end to cool the 2 rooms. The bottom line is I need more air to my living room because of the high ceilings, which in turn holds hot air at the top.
Thanks.
shorty1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:35 AM   #2

Top Or Bottom

Personally, I'd keep it in the floor as you have access to the whole house in your crawlspace. Even if I could get ductwork to the other side through the attic, the crawl is still my preference, especially since you have registers already cut into the floor.

lloyd