I have so much excess humidity in my home that the ceilings, window sills and closet floors get mold on them. The floors are hardwood. I have a propane furnace and I think the biggest issue is that the house sits on the side of a mountain and has an all ledge basement. When it rains or the snow is melting the water runs right through the basement foundation and into the basement. I have a pit and there's a sump pump there to pump the water out but I still have moisture issues. HELP! any suggestions are appreciated. I don't even know just who to call in my area to have things checked out. When I purchased the house the building inspector didn't notice anything, or didn't mention anything at least.
Mold and the inspector did not see or say? Hmmm. #1 is to stop liquid water. Is the dirt sloped away from the house? Gutters working and running water way away from the house? Is there a trench w/ drainage gravel and collecting pipe to daylight (if possible)? Is the foundation damp proofed? #2 is to deal w/ the vapor by exhaust fans, HRV, humidifier, or ????