Tiling A Shower Wall - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-23-2009, 01:35 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 25

Tiling a shower wall

Not sure this necessarily falls under the "plumbing" category, but I'm getting ready to tile up a shower wall and looking for tips on the type that can be used on a shower wall. Let me preface that by saying this is a tear out of an old shower/tub combo, I've replaced with a jacuzzi (enclave style) tub, cement board above tub and now getting ready to tile walls above tub. I know there are glazed "wall" tiles specific for shower walls but I'm not crazy about the selection I'm finding with these tiles. What other options are there, can a more porous tile be used and then sealed, etc.?

Advertisement

cm3putter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:32 PM   #2
Remodeling Contractor

Rewards Points: 2,000

Tiling a shower wall

yes but not a good idea. Stick with the ceramic or better is the porcelain (which is a ceramic) Wall tiles refer more to the size. Any tile will work fine.

Advertisement

Bob Mariani is offline   Reply With Quote