Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-12-2006, 05:05 PM   #1

Share |

Is there a way to circulate the outside temperature (air) into my home & take out hot

I recently moved into my current home and noticed this summer that the inside temperature of my house is more hot than the outside temperature. Is there a way for me to circulate the air that is outside into my house to keep my home cool. I was looking at my local hardware store and they sell vents but they were for either kitchen, bathroom or dryer use. The only one that I found was an attic vent but I do not have an attic. I do not want to turn on the air conditioner to cool my home if the outside temperature is more cooler than inside my house.Thank you in advance.

915855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 05:37 PM   #2
I blame ProWallGuy

Is there a way to circulate the outside temperature (air) into my home & take out hot

Opening some windows always helps here.

Is this a concern of yours, not wanting to open windows?

Double A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 06:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double A View Post
Opening some windows always helps here.

Is this a concern of yours, not wanting to open windows?
I have an alarms system and it will not activate unless all the windows are closed. If there was another way for me to put some type of vent to circulate the air, it would be better for me. I could not find such a vent on sale at the hardware store. If anyone knows any other way to circulate the air please let me know. Thank you in advance.
915855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 07:54 PM   #4

There is such a system, it is called air-conditioning. You may want to research insulation for your attic, and attic ventilation.
Tscarborough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 08:25 PM   #5

No attic?

Check attic insulation.
Check roof vents.
Install gable vent attic fans.
Close blinds/curtains on the sunny side (south) of the house.
redline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 08:55 AM   #6
diy retard ;)

if you have a window fan, face the fan to the outside to push the hot air outside.
><(((jan(((D> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 03:19 PM   #7
Extreme DIY'r Adk's, NY

investigate installing a "whole house fan"

this will be centrally located blowing up into the insulation through ducts and then outside. You need to let as much volume in as you are pushing out (cfm). The more places you let it in the more evenly the temperature decrease will be distributed. Also dont confuse cool humid air outside with hot dry air inside... you want to monitor temperature and humidity to decide when to use the unit.

crecore is offline   Reply With Quote