Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-01-2013, 07:38 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Suspended Ceiling / Ductwork

So I am in the process of finishing my basement. it's not going to be a huge room, but enough for a couch, tv and 1/2 bathroom. The plan is to drop a suspended ceiling in the room. Take a look at the pictures below. I think I pretty much have two options. Box it in and drywall it, or drop the suspended ceiling around it (which i dont know if it is possible). Looking to see if anyone has any other ideas on what I can do. The takeoffs come out the sides of the trunk line, so there will be a decent amount of boxing in and figuring out.

I can also leave it exposed and suspend the ceiling right up to it. I don't think I like that idea too much.

I don't want to get too crazy. I'm not going to live in this house forever and probably already max'd out on the value of it for the area I am in, but I'd like it to look good.
Attached Thumbnails
Suspended Ceiling / Ductwork-duct1.jpg   Suspended Ceiling / Ductwork-duct2.jpg   Suspended Ceiling / Ductwork-duct3.jpg  

Branden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:58 AM   #2
Not so new

Rewards Points: 0

Suspended Ceiling / Ductwork

I'd build a soffit around it. Your choice of materials, wood or metal though I find metal easier to work with.

I suppose you could drop ceiling up to it and then paint a dark color but I don't know the look you're going for.

12penny is online now   Reply With Quote