Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-15-2008, 10:54 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

subfloor slopes

The subfloor in the dining room of a home that i just bought visibly slopes. we would like to install wood floors, but i am worried that this will just accentuate the slope. How do i level a wood subfloor?

awilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 03:52 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 150

subfloor slopes

was the floor built with a slope?? where did the slope come from? rest of house slope too?? ONLY way to correct slope is to jack,,,carefully and slowly,,it took a LONG time to get that way,takes a long time to fix that also!!slope towards the center of the house??settled center support??

In the chance this was once a porch maybe and was built that way,,,there is NO hope of getting it striaght unless you shim and refloor it!!(if doors and other obstacles arent limiting your success)

basement or crawl space?? Can you start with a string level to 'see' where is what??Both ways multiple places,,,low or high enough to see over or under itwhere 'straight' is.

justdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 04:14 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

subfloor slopes

i believe it is going to be a jacking up issue. The dining room is the room next to the garage, that has about a 1ft. overhang, and it slopes toward the garage. From the outside it is visibly sloping in that direction as well. i'm sure this is expensive to do???
awilson is offline   Reply With Quote