DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

STUCCO Question

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  GrandSportC3 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this but I do have a question regarding matching (at lest fairly close) a certain STUCCO pattern.. What's happening is that the house that I'm living in had a pattern of brick applied to the stucco on certain sections of the house. I want to cover that pattern and create the same pattern that is on the rest of the house. However, I'm unable to come close to the pattern. I've tried a rented hopper from Home Depot but that one seemed to be more for drywall than to spray on Stucco. I've tried a roller and other methods but I can't manage to come anywhere close to the pattern. I assume that I'll need a hopper and spray it on and knock it down just like knock down walls or ceiling with drywall.. I just don't know how this is done with STUCCO. What kind of equipment do I need to create that pattern? What kind of stucco? I usually use the cheapest STUCCO in the green bag from Home Depot.. Not sure if I need a different type of stucco for that project??

Here's the pattern:

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/6289/stucco.jpg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.