Stock House Plans - Building & Construction - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-08-2004, 12:07 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Stock House Plans

My wife and I want to build and want to be our own general contractor. We're now in the process of finding a floor plan. We've found a floor plan off the internet we like a lot but have been told internet stock plans are worthless because they wouldn't meet the code in our state (Washington).

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Deb and Don

Advertisement

DebandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 10:25 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 25

Stock House Plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebandDon
My wife and I want to build and want to be our own general contractor. We're now in the process of finding a floor plan. We've found a floor plan off the internet we like a lot but have been told internet stock plans are worthless because they wouldn't meet the code in our state (Washington).

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Deb and Don

Your best bet would be to take that plan to an actual architect and have them do your plans for you to your specifications. You're really better off having someone design what you need to what ever specifications washington calls for. Even if you do your own plans you're still going to probably have to get an engineer to sign off for them before you'll be approved for construction.

Advertisement

Hammertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 05:49 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 150

Stock House Plans

here's another idea http://www.beforethearchitect.com/
pipeguy is offline   Reply With Quote