Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-11-2011, 10:00 AM   #1

Share |

split level addition with basement

what is a good site to get estimates on supplies needed and maybe even a list of supplies? My dad is doing the addition, but I want to get a jump start on financing.

mpinzino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:16 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpinzino View Post
what is a good site to get estimates on supplies needed and maybe even a list of supplies? My dad is doing the addition, but I want to get a jump start on financing.
The best site would be the one where you have a set of plans in front of you. Then you could take it to a lumberyard and they will do an itemized listing for you.
Without plans, what are you estimating? Without sitting down and deciding the finishing products(the most expensive component) what are you accomplishing?
Some architects will include(at a price) the material listing for the plans drawn. With that, you can go to the big box stores and spec it out yourself.

Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:18 AM   #3

I agree with Ron, draft a plan and go to your local building supply and they can help you price it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
AGWhitehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:28 AM   #4

I do have the floor plans drawn up. I guess I just didn't think of that. That is why I am the designer and my dad is the carpenter.
mpinzino is offline   Reply With Quote