Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-30-2011, 08:07 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

soundproof wall

Hello there i live in an apartment that has one joining wall to another unit the wall is 9.3*8.1 or aprox 75 sq ft.I hear a loud television through the joining wall.Is there a way to soundproof this wall without tearing down any walls like for example adding quietrock directly onto the wall or would i have to put up wood furret and attach it to that? thanks

lenno5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:31 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,000

soundproof wall

Mass and isolation are always mentioned when people ask about sound proofing. Get mass between you and the other tv, and isolate the wall from whatever you put up for noise-blocking. Plug any cracks of any kind. Can you hang a very heavy blanket of some sort? How can you stop sound transmission through the common floor? Any way to address that?

jklingel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:01 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

soundproof wall

honestly, for an appartment, you don't want to do anything that costs you too much money, and that you can't take with you.

Sound blankets are the absolute BEST.

I just finished sound proofing the CRAP out of my sons room (right behind the TV in the living room) And the sounds still comes from around the holes in his pocket door.... I will be putting up a nice THICK sound curtain behind his door. I have heard them before and they work FANTASTIC. Check them out
illnastyimpreza is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
soundproof