Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-20-2005, 06:40 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Question

Sloping Floor and back half of the house. Help!

I recently purchased a two level, two unit San Francisco Victorian that noticibly slopes to the back and side. The back portion that slpoes includes the kitchen and the bathroom and I believe it was added on sometime after the original structure was built. (1900)

The foundation needs replacing and I'm not sure if the house would fare well if it was jacked up in those areas.

Needless to say I'm a bit nervous about the situation because the sloping drives me crazy living in those conditions. I was wondering if it would be best to build up the floors inside the house or from the foundation. What is the cost and infvolvement of each option?

Are there other resources that anyone might recommend? :confused:

mikeinfrisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 09:50 AM   #2
PRO

Rewards Points: 75

Sloping Floor and back half of the house. Help!

I'll bet your frame is a balloon type frame, they tend jack easy but you have to know what your doing. load placement is critical as well as gradual properly distributed lift. But I'll bet it will lift, anything will lift with right fella at the helm.

Research and find a really good contractor, this isn't a do it yourself project.

Bob

Glasshousebltr is offline   Reply With Quote